Euro Quality Coatings are one of the premier powder coating companies within the United Kingdom having the adaptability and flexibility to operate within a diverse range of market sectors. In order meet the requirements of demanding customers and demanding specifications, EQC have developed systems that are flexible yet robust, and we believe that working in partnership with our chosen supply partners we are able to meet the demands placed upon us.
In order to meet these customer demands, quality is our priority, and as such, have in place inspection and testing at each stage of the production process. Comprehensive testing of our 11 stage pre treatment process ensures that the invisible part of the final process has been completed within supplier defined parameters. Applicators check the quality of the applied coating prior to curing, with the inspection team checking the final finish including gloss, adhesion, coating thickness and cure.
EQC have been certified to the ISO9001 series since 1998, and have continually improved its quality systems year on year through a rigorous structure of internal and external audits. Such audits are a valuable source of feed back and as such EQC welcome potential customers on site to appraise our systems.
Since May 2018 Euro Quality Coatings has also been certified to ISO 14001:2015. Transitioning from Welsh Green Dragon to the more widely recognised standard. This endorses EQC’s commitment to the environment and sustainability.
Service First is a network of quality coaters promoted by Akzo Nobel, the world’s largest coatings manufacturer. Akzo Nobel are one of our key supply partners and EQC are delighted to be part of the the Service First Associated trade coaters list.
EQC are an approved applicator of Akzo Nobel Interpon D and Valspar Syntha Pulvin products. This allows us the opportunity to offer a warranty of up to 40 years on architectural aluminium. As part of the approved applicator scheme each of these powder manufacturers carries out regular testing and a stringent annual audit to BS EN ISO 12206-1: 2004. The systems in place ensure their high standards are maintained.
EQC are approved applicators of the following powder manufacturers:
- Akzo Nobel (Interpon)
- Valspar (Syntha Pulvin)
- Du Pont Powder Coatings
- Tiger Coatings
Timeline of achievements
- 94 EQC Formed – formed to service the needs of a “Euro family” company and protect their contract with a Japanese brown goods manufacturer.
- 96 BS EN ISO 9002: 1994 – After the company had stabilized following formation EQC successfully attained this internationally recognized quality management system.
- 97 Interpon D Architectural Applicator – to further enhance another customers` portfolio, Akzo Nobel’s` architectural approved applicators status was obtained allowing EQC to offer a 25 year warranty.
- 98 Transferred powder coating facilities to larger premises at Wentloog Corporate Park, Cardiff, Wales to facilitate the company’s growth – EQC quickly out grew its original premises, and so moved to the site recently obtained by the companies’ owner.
- 98 Further significant investments identified and made with 2nd production line introduced with 2 x roll on roll off automated spray booths and 11 stage pre treatment system offering the facility for coating steel and aluminium products thus allowing further controlled growth and diversification into different market sectors.
- 01 BS EN ISO 9000: 2000 QMS system upgraded ahead of BSI’s recommended change over date.
- 02 Runner Up Wales Environmental Awards
- 02 Batch Plant facilities introduced – EQC recognised that to maximize on further market diversification it set up a facility whereby it could produce small batches and even one off’s, at minimal cost to the customer. This represented a significant shift in emphasis but underpinned the companies desire to be a flexible friend.
- 04 Level 3 Green Dragon – Ahead of most competitors and legislation EQC decided to implement an EMS and opted for the staged approach through the Arena network.
- 04 Quick colour change booth purchased – Further under pinning the move from the same colour all day every day and to optimize colour change times on the large volume production line, a major investment was planned and executed.
- 05 Level 4 Green Dragon – Stage 4 of 5 achieved through progression by Quality & Environmental Officer
- 06 Level 5 Green Dragon – Highest accolade available through Green Dragon route and level 5 is reported to be equivalent to EMAS & higher than ISO 14001
- 06 EFQM Wales Quality Award Submission
- 06 Rohm & Haas approved applicator – R & H approached EQC to become an approved applicator as EQC’s reputation continues to grow as an industry leader.
- 06 Du Pont approved applicator – DuPont approached EQC to become an approved applicator further enhancing EQC`s reputation for innovation and excellence in the powder coating industry.
- 06 Winner of Wales Quality Award Environmental prize
- 06 Winner of Arena Network Environmental Sustainability Award
- 06 Introduction of Twilight shift increasing main capacity by 50% to accommodate increased volumes and faster response times requested by key customers
- 07 Move Batch Plant into larger production facility – This step was taken to increase production capacity of B / P, and allowing more convenient working location.
- 07 Winner of Wales Quality Award Manufacturingl prize
- 07 Purchase and Installation of additional 5 metre curing oven in new Batch Plant premises to increase production capacity.
- 07 Addition of further spray booth and, therefore, additional applicator to further increase small batch plant capacity by 33%.
- 08 Winner of Wales Quality Award Environmental prize
- 08 Winner of the South Wales Chamber of Commerce Green Award.
- 09 Part of AkzoNobel Service First network
- 10 Installation of Electrophoretic Coating plant
- 14 Winner of Wales Quality Award for Partnership and Resources
- 18 certified to ISO 14001:2015